ONLINE TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS (TDG) COURSE OVERVIEW
(TDG) Within Canadian borders,the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act provides critical standards for the movement of harmful materials and chemicals . TDG Act and Regulations protect the public from spills and advises all individuals involved in transporting the dangerous goods of their legal obligations.. It defines the 9 classes of dangerous goods and setting specific rules for their transport.
This online (TDG) course covers crucial information pertaining to the legal transportation of dangerous goods on Canadian roads. After you have completed the program, , participants will be more aware of the regulations governing the transportation of dangerous goods in Canada; the 9 classifications of dangerous goods; the placards, labels, and accompanying TDG symbols required on vehicles and containers; Writing out documentation properly when transporting dangerous goods is crucial to providing all parties with vital information about the content of the shipment.The program notes appropriate emergency response in the event of an accidental product release or spill.
TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS (TDG) E LEARNING
ONLINE LEARNING TOPICS
- Aspects of TDG training and certification for up to 3 years by road, rail or marine. 2 years for air transport.
- Dangerous goods classification -9 classes Explosives, Gases, Flammable Liquids, Flammable Solids, Oxidizers, Toxics, Corrosives, Miscellaneous
- Three Packing groups I II III
- How to look up Shipping names
- How to determine Compatibility groups
- Placards , safety marks and UN 4 digit numbers
- Labelling requirements for TDG containers
- Requirements for documentation and manifests
- Exemptions from the TDG regulations
TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS (TDG) ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 3.5 hours
TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS (TDG) ONLINE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS (TDG) ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. This certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completion printed on the certificate, provided there is no change of employer.
TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS (TDG) ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW: