OVERVIEW: SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE
This is a beginner course created for the newbie or anyone new to the guidelines associated with shipping hazardous goods by air. This program can also be relevant to any people responsible for shipping dangerous goods (wrapping goods and preparing shipping documents).
Just before taking the training course, participants are suggested to purchase a copy of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. To purchase a copy, please get in touch with ICC Compliance Center at 1-888-442-9628 or by means of their website www.thecompliancecenter.com.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE THE TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS ONLINE COURSE:
- Overview of the federal & international regulations (ICAO/IATA)
- How to use the IATA book
- Varieties of operator and state
- Classification of hazardous goods in accordance with IATA (ICAO)
- Learning the list of hazardous goods
- Requirements for packing the goods
- UN specification packing
- Choosing a packing instruction
- Understanding packaging instructions for cargo or passenger aircrafts
- Understanding overpacks
- Marking and labeling
- Shipping documents
- Understanding the placard specifications
- Segregation of dangerous goods
- Accidental releases and reporting
- Limitations and exceptions
- Safety necessary when handling dangerous goods
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Around 4 hours
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE TEST: Participants will undergo an examination to assess just how much they’ve understood from this online course. Participants need to obtain a passing mark of 80% to obtain the certificate of completion. Participants are in a position to repeat the course twice in the event the pass mark isn’t achieved.
HOW YOU CAN GET THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: After successfully passing the examination, participants can download and print their certificate of completion. According to the IATA/ICAO regulations, this certificate will be valid for two years.